What makes a good anti aging face oil?
Before you can select the right anti-aging oil for your skin you must understand two things. First, the primary causes
of skin aging and how they manifest on your face. And second face oils combat the appearance of skin aging.
Primary Causes of Skin Aging
Sun damage is the primary cause of skin aging. Sun damage adds years to our face in several ways:
- UV rays damage the DNA of skin cells. This disrupts the capability of our skin cells to perform their essential functions. This results in a less efficient skin barrier and increased loss of moisture. It also disrupts the production of collagen and elastin which leads to wrinkles and sagging.
- Sun exposure also parches our skin. Increased moisture loss results in more prominent lines and wrinkles. Moreover, dry skin is tends to be dull, rough and scaly.
- UV exposure also stimulates melanin production which can result in dark spots and patches.
Second, our skin is not immune from the ravages of time. As we age our entire body slows down and deteriorates. As
part of the aging process our skin produces less sebum, the natural oil that helps maintain our natural skin barrier functions. Decreased oil production leads to greater trans epidermal water loss (TEWL). In turn, dryer skin is less plump and shows more lines and wrinkles.
Moreover, dehydrated skin is less efficient at performing its exfoliating functions. Overall this results in duller, patchier, scalier skin.
Face Oils for Anti-Aging
No face oil (or any other topical product) can turn back the clock. But a good anti aging face oil will:
- Hydrate the skin. This will make it feel softer and smoother and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Nourish the skin. It will provide essential fatty acids, amino acids and vitamins to help your skin perform its essential functions. It will increase collagen to fill in those fine lines and wrinkles. It will boost elastin production to make the skin stronger and more resilient. And it will help the skin build and maintain a competent barrier that reduces moisture loss.
- Protect the skin. A great face oil will also include antioxidants to help the skin neutralize the free radicals that cause additional damage.
As a matter of skincare philosophy I reject the notion of anti-aging. Instead, I believe in healthy, glowing high-functioning skin.
I am very proud of my Jessica Johnson Beauty 3N1 Hybrid Face Oil. It is a 100% non-toxic, cruelty free blend of eight essential oils and numerous CO2 botanical extracts. It also includes concentrated antioxidants and high potency A, B, C and E vitamins. It is a power-packed anti-aging face oil that hydrates, nourishes and protects your skin.
Moreover, it is a multi-function product that does triple duty as your makeup remover, cleanser and treatment oil. It is unlike any face oil on the market. Use it and save time, money and cabinet space on your journey to a youthful, radiant complexion.
If you want healthy, hydrated glowing skin at any age please take a closer look at my JJB 3N1 Hybrid Face Oil. Your skin will thank you. Your girl friends won’t. SHOP NOW